I was honored and blessed to receive the Forrest and Sybillia Fuhr Scholarship for three years. I have paid my way through my bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education with the help of scholarships and grants. Receiving this scholarship helped me obtain enough financial aid to get through my four years of college without any student debt. The application process was simple and the amount received was definitely worth my time. I am already encouraging other students to apply for this scholarship so that they too can graduate debt-free.Ashley S.
Thank you for your generosity through the Fuhr Memorial Scholarship; what a blessing and help it is to me and my family. Thank you for all you do for Alaskans all over the state and for your provision both spiritually and practically. May the Lord continue to bless you and your work!Katelyn Bushnell
Forrest & Sybillia Fuhr
Deadline: April 30, 2017.
Send complete and accurate information as outlined below to the:
Alaska Baptist Foundation
Qualifications for Applying
1. Applicant shall have a high school or equivalent diploma.
2. Applicant shall be a member of Southern Baptist church that is in good standing with the Alaska Baptist Convention.
3. Applicant shall have been a resident of Alaska for the two years prior to applying for the scholarship.
4. Applicant shall maintain Alaska residency if attending a school outside of Alaska.
1. The Completed Application Form with signature.
2. The Completed Church Certification Form from the Southern Baptist church where the applicant is member. — The certification form must be approved by the congregation. Any method of authorization the church so directs under its policies is acceptable as long as documented. The from must be signed by the clerk or authorized officer of the church.
3. The Completed Federal Student Aid Report (SAR/FAFSA) based on the current school year applying (2017-2018). The applicant should submit the full report, do not submit a printed summary it will not be accepted. ¨To complete the SAR/FAFSA on the web visit (www.fafsa.ed.gov). The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) must be visible on SAR/FAFSA (Note: It can take 6-8 weeks to obtain the results.)
4. Proof of Alaska Residency A Copy of at least (one) of the following documents must be provided:
I. Permanent Dividend Fund Receipt (not the application).
ii. Alaska Driver’s License
iii. Voter’s Registration ID
iv. State I.D. Card
V. Alaska Birth Certificate-for a lifelong resident
(For first time applicants who are already attending an approved higher education institution the application packet must also include proof that the applicants cumulative GPA is 2.5 or higher.)
For Your Information
Approved Higher Education Institutions
1. Universities and Colleges
(Reduced prorated amount for part-time status allowed)
The funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and other education related expenses
(Note: money used for room and board could be subject to tax.)
Scholarships are granted annually. Notification letters are usually mailed by May 31.
DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS
Funds are mailed to the school not the student, once enrollment for the semester is verified starting with the Fall Semester, (around August/September.)
The Alaska Baptist Foundation must receive proof of enrollment from the institution for both the Fall and Spring Semesters. Additionally, for the Spring Semester Documented Proof from the school identifying that a Minimum GPA of 2.5 is being maintained will be required. (An unofficial transcript from the school could meet this requirement.)
The Alaska Baptist Foundation reserves the right to revise scholarship policies, qualifications, and limit the number of scholarships subject to availability of funds from the earnings of the Trust.
|If you have questions about the Fuhr Scholarships that are not addressed on this page or in the downloads above, please submit you questions in the comments box of the form below.|